In view of the repression suffered this afternoon by the neighbors of Andalgalá, who were resisting the advance of the MARA project in Choya, the organizing network of the Multi-National March for Water issues the following statement:
- We bring our support and total solidarity to the people and assembly of Andalgalá and Choya, repressed, persecuted and criminalized by the national and provincial extractivist government and the multinational megamines.
- We demand the immediate resignation of the ministers Matuas Kulfas, Juan Cabandie, the governor of Catamarca, Raúl Jalil and his vice-president Rubén Dusso, as well as all the heads of agencies who have given orders of repression to impose the MARA project.
- We disavow the organizations that claim to be environmentalists (EcoHouse and Youth for the Climate) who, by their presence at the macabre National Roundtable on Community Mining (MEMAC), are not only ignoring the years of popular fight, but are endorsing these repressive acts.
- We call on all networks and collectives to unite, to strengthen themselves and to agree on an urgent multi-national Plan of Fight against extractivism, looting and pollution, for all human rights, and to put an end to the colonial pact with the IMF and the dominant extractivist capitalist system!
- We demand the liberation of the detainees and information about the comrades whose location is unknown after the repressive actions of the police.
- No more ecocide, terracide, genocide; trial and punishment for the repressors! No more dictatorships! No more mega mining companies!
- SOLIDARITY AND UNITY BETWEEN ALL PEOPLES AND COLLECTIVES IN FIGHT!
NO MEANS NO!
ANDALGALÁ SOMOS TODOS