Thanks to the "Spiral of Violence" report and a growing reputation, our web site is getting a lot of attention. As of early May, we'd had just over 10,000 requests for pages since September 1999. Visit miningwatch.ca to catch up on the latest news and publications from MiningWatch. The best press coverage we've had so far was a front page article in the Sudbury Star on April 28th, covering the Indonesians' visit. Press response around the Placer Dome Annual General Meeting was also positive, though MiningWatch was not specifically mentioned.
- MiningWatch hosts workshop for communities affected by large scale mining
- Sulawesi activists visit Toronto, Nitassinan (Labrador) and Sudbury
- Spotlight on Canadian Rôle in Relocations in Tarkwa, Ghana
- Placer Dome’s “sustainability” policies challenged by community activists
- Public to get input on EDC environment and human rights rules
- Canadian mining companies in Armenia and Kyrgyzstan
- Citizens oppose Niocan’s proposed niobium mine in Oka, Québec